Friday, October 23, 2009

Phillies Head to the World Series

For the second year in a row, the Phillies are headed to the World Series. Great. A team that I couldn’t be more happy about. The only way this World Series could get better is if they played the New York Yankees (hopefully by now you’ve noticed the sarcasm). The Yankees need one more win against the Angels to advance to the World Series.

The Phillies offense was impressive; Jayson Werth hit two homeruns during the game, and Shane Victorino hit a two-run homerun in the sixth inning.

Unfortunately, the Dodgers need more help in the bull pen. Vincente Padilla, Dodgers’ pitcher, was replaced halfway through the game with pitcher Ramon Troncoso.

If the Yankees do in fact make it to the World Series, I’m sure I won’t be watching any of it. I love baseball, but I do not love the Yankees… Or the Phillies.

No comments:

Post a Comment