Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Yankees Win World Series

Watching the last inning of the Yankees-Phillies was terribly painful. For one, it was an hour or two before my birthday and I had more important things on my mind. Secondly, I couldn’t care less about either team competing. It’s either the O’s or nothing (and I think it will always be nothing, sadly). The Yankees have their $1.5 million ballpark and the Phillies won last year.

But even the reigning champions couldn’t pull it together to prevent the Yankees from the 27th title. With each Phillies’ out, I felt like I was closer and closer to the end of the world, it was just a matter of time. Time moved so slowly. Strike, ball, foul ball, ball, strike, foul ball, foul ball… You get the idea. The game finally ended with the Yankees winning 7-3 at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment