Saturday, November 28, 2009

NFL Lets One Slip

One of the problems with sports today is that it’s live, which leaves very little room for error. No editing, no redos, no anything. Fans tend to get a little excited and shout things that can be heard on camera. For example, during an O’s game, Luke Scott was up at bat and a fan yelled “Luuuuke, I am your father!” I got a good chuckle out of it, but it clearly isn’t something that was meant to be aired.

On Thanksgiving, the Broncos played the Giants, and Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was heard shouting something explicit and it was broadcasted. McDaniels issued an apology, but I can’t say I blame him. I know this wasn’t on purpose, and it was not his intention to have this broadcast, and the network did not notice it in time to bleep it out.

Hopefully he can keep his cool in the future to avoid this from happening again. The Broncos won 26-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment